Friday, November 27, 2009

10K - week -27

Sunday
I worked downtown today, so I had the opportunity to do the walk home. Total of 380 Calories. The walk was great and I felt great.
Monday
This day, I needed to grab some items as Safeway, so I walked from there for 217 Calories. Grand total for the week so far, 597 Calories.
Tuesday
This day, I had a Chiropractor appointment in Kensington, so I walked to that. This was one of the day that the @#$^%@# Garmin Forerunner 305 just could not pick up a satellite while I was downtown. I ended up picking it up for the last 8 minutes of the walk which was 25 minutes. The Garmin recorded 58 Calories, so I'm estimating 153 for the walk, making a weekly total of 750 Calories.
Wednesday
OK - at this stage, walking three days in a row doesn't work for me. I was so exhausted in the AM that I was dizzy. In the evening all I did was lie down and read.
Thursday
Feeling much better today, but still taking it easy. My plan at this point is to do the remaining 450 calories on Saturday, although I may just settle for less that 1200 for the first few weeks of the program.
Friday And Saturday
On Friday I woke up achey and with a slight sore throat and a plugged ear. No exercise today unless I radically improve.
Today was also the day of the first of four Christmas lunches between now and the end of the year. I certainly indulged --- and paid dearly for it in the middle of the night = 5 hours of diarrhea which just wore me out. Sigh. No exercise on Friday or Saturday, so, thus ends the first week of the training plan.
Summary
Mistakes:
  • Exercising three days in a row (actually 4 as I had done about 300 calories the Saturday before this week).
  • Ordering a steak too rare for me on Friday. shudder
  • I need to track my food and get sensible with it as well.

Good things:
  • I did a good job of enjoying the exercise.
  • I kept up on the blogging.
For next week, I'm going to reinstate the "Lose-It!" app on my iPod touch and not worry if I only get to about 1000 calories of exercise. Friday is a "day off" but I work next Saturday and Sunday, so I'll need to consider that in my plans.
Totals for the week:
  • Calories: 750
  • Distance: 6.7 miles
  • Average pace: 16 min / mile

No comments:

Post a Comment