Monday, May 16, 2011

I'm struggling, yet improving

Over the past year, physical fitness really just hasn't been a priority with me. I'm really finding this is taking a toll.

I'm 54 now and as my doc said "If you don't add to the bank account, eventually you run out".

I can see that in how I felt this morning. My desire these days is to get up at 5:00 or 5:30, work for an hour or two and then take the bus in to work.

My body would just not co-operate. The alarm went off at 5:30 and I felt like I could not move. I managed to reset the alarm to 6:30 and eventually got up about 6:20. I had to get my sweetie to give me a ride into work, rather than taking the bus, as I still feel too dizzy.

Not good.

So – what do I do about it?

I have been gradually and intermittently adding yoga to my life. None last week as I was fighting off a flu after a visit with the younger grandkids, but I did it 3 times the week before. A nice side benefit of yoga is that my leg starts feeling better everytime I do it.

I'm going to post how I'm doing on this every week. If I have to put it in writing, that will help motivate me.

That's all. Very simple, no grandiose plans, no schedules, no 3 month goal.

Let's see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment