Saturday, January 10, 2009

Another day, another run

Friday was probably not the best day for me food-wise. Supper at Juan's Mexican restaurant which is always tad too many calories, cheese, fat etc. Ah well.

This morning, I calculated my Karvonen numbers. Based on age of 52, my resting heart rate of 55 (taken in bed before rising), my 50% intensity is 111, 60% is 123, 70% is 134, 75% 140 and 85% 151.

As the article linked off the previous post noted, when in poor shape (i.e., me :), shoot for 50-60% intensity. My first workout was right around the 77% intensity, which is fine once one is fit. So I programmed up the Pacemaster to do a 30 minute C2 workout at HR 122.

This is 5 minutes warm-up, 20 at target HR and 5 minutes cool-down.

Once again, the machine was a joy to run on. I did note that it did a lot more hunting than when my target HR was 142. I set the max elevation to 2% (Knocked that back to 1% halfway through) and the max speed to 5 MPH. It never got over 4MPH the whole run. At times, it was as slow as 3.2 MPH, staying mostly around 3.7 with an elevation of .5%.

Another cool thing is that I can get the details of my last 7 workouts from this puppy :). So the first two are:
Yes, I know the last one says 29:20. No idea why.

So, weights tomorrow (and a weigh-in - exciting!!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment