Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Two runs and some weight loss

As mentioned in the last blog entry, I had dental surgery last Wednesday. By Friday, I was feeling pretty good, so I went for a run that day and the next. However, my body was obviously not as up to it as I thought.

The first thing that happened (actually on Friday morning and then again on Sunday) was that my lumbar area decided to give me a good crack. OUCH - this made standing ok, but everything else somewhat painful. The one on Friday was not so bad, but Sunday's was quite bad.

Then, on Saturday, I started finding that I was feeling a bit under the weather and by Sunday a full-fledged cold developed. Arrgh. So - no runs since Saturday and likely none until Friday or Saturday of this week.

During my forced rest, I read some sutff about core strengthinging. I'll be adding this into the workout regime.

Also, I started reading the "NYRR guide to running and fitness". Worst running book I have ever read. Keep in mind, I have an engineering/scientific bent though. This book just seems to ramble on, has a variety of workouts without rhyme or reason and is just a pain to read. Thankfully, I got it from the library rather than spending good money on it.

On the good side, my appetite has decreased significantly (no fun trying to chew on only one side), so my weigh in this week was 206.5 lbs, 29% fat. The pants are also definitely looser.

No comments:

Post a Comment